Sunday, June 22, 2008

5K Run

I ran in my very first race yesterday, and it wasn't too bad. It was just a 5K so it was over pretty quick. It kinda sucked though cause I've been averaging 24 min (I know...it's slow) in my training runs, and I ran this one in 26. The freaky large hill in the middle of the course didn't help my time though I guess. I've been running on flat paved trails and this was a mix of grass, dirt, gravel and road, so I use that as my excuse for not finishing faster.
I finished first in my age class (19-24) and 5th overall, but I'm pretty sure I was probably the only person in my age division. So four people came in in front of me- a 17 yr old kid, a 28 yr old guy, and three freakin chicks! The girls over-all winner was 15 and she dominated me! If I ever thought I was fast those ideas have now been crushed, because on top of being beaten by a 15 yr old girl, a lady who was 5/6 months pregnant came in a minute and a half after me! Ahg! I guess I better get moving! Lisa, I'm still gonna dominate that 10k in September...unless that 15 yr old girls is there.

3 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Adam! that is such a good feeling... except the fact that a prego women beat your A$$!!!

The Thatchers said...

HAHA!! Good job Stevo!! I acutally started running and ran three miles my second day...sure was slow though. I have been thinking of maybe running the race with you...we should talk Chey into it too. How is P90X going??

Gramma Dori said...

Way to go son, knew you could do it. What's up with the mom and tot almost catching you though? Oh well, by the 10K maybe she'll be too big to run. Keep up the good work!