Friday, February 12, 2010

Introducing...

Elsie Lane Stevenson
Born Feb. 2, 2010 @ 5:52am
7 lbs. 6 oz. 19.5 inches
We are so excited that she is finally here! Elsie was due on January 30th but decided to wait a few extra days before coming. We have been expecting her for weeks thinking she would come early since her sister did but I guess she had other ideas. The funny thing is that for months I have told people that she was going to come on February 2nd but no one believed me. Adam just told me I was jinxing myself. I just thought that February sounded better and hopefully she wouldn't come during a big snow storm. She decided to listen to her mom though and came when I wanted her to. I just hope she is this obedient her whole life but I doubt it. My doctor didn't want me to go to far past my due date so I actually had an induction scheduled for the morning of Feb. 2nd. I really didn't want to be induced though. Luckily on the 1st I started having contractions all day and by around five that night they were starting to hurt and I was hoping this was it. Luckily for us Adams parents came into town so they could watch Andie the next day for us and I am so glad they came the night before. By the time they got here I was really starting to have painful contractions. Adam finally got home from work and we ate dinner while I debated when to go the hospital. Finally about 10pm I had had enough and was ready to go in. When we got there they checked me and I was at a 5 and 90%. I was shocked that I was already that far since my contractions werent as bad as they were with Andie. We got all settled in and by the time she checked me again I was a 6 and while she was checking me my water broke all over her. I felt so bad but it was really funny. After that I asked for my epidural knowing that it was only going to get worse. After that Adam and I tried to get some sleep since it was after one in the morning. Poor Adam had to sleep in a broken chair but surprisingly enough we slept pretty well. Finally around 5:30 the nurse came in to check on me and I had started shivering and was really cold. She told me it was just my hormones so she checked me and sure enough I was ready to go. I told her to call the doctor but she wanted me to push for a while. I told her I only pushed a couple times with my first so I really didn't want to do anything until the doctor was here since I knew it would go fast. She didn't believe me so she made me give her just a little half push so she could see the baby. After that she realized I wasn't kidding and called the doctor. About five minutes later he arrived and sure enough one push and she was here. She gave us just a little tiny cry for a second and after that she was so good and we didnt hear her cry the rest of the day. My first thought after I saw her was that she looked exactly like Andie but with darker hair and a lot less of it. She is such a good baby and I am so grateful for that. I was really worried I wouldn't be so lucky the second time around but so far so good. She is a really good eater and sleeper and within a week she was way over her birth weight. It is quite an adjustment having two kids now but we are loving every minuted of it. They hospital had a ban that no one under 14 was allowed due to the swine flu but lucky for us they lifted the ban the day that we were there so Andie was allowed to come and see her new sister. So far she is loving her and walks around saying baby all the time and tells us to be quite for the baby. We are so excited for this new adventure and feel so blessed to have two perfect little girls.Also a big thanks to our parents for coming and helping out so much. We don't know what we would have done without them!

6 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

she is perfect! I am so proud of you!

Emily said...

good work brittany!! she is a gorgeous little baby! she definitely is a little mini andie! glad everything went well with your delivery! and totally perfect timing with adam's parents! hope your recovery time is quick!!

Krystal said...

Your babies are always so stinking cute!! I am glad everything went well, and relatively easy for you! Her and Andie definitely look like twiners!!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys!

Barb said...

She is so cute! Congratulations a hundred times over!

Hailey said...

YAY! Congrats... and what a beautiful baby girl! I think she looks like her big sis.