Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1 Month!

I cant believe that Elsie is already a month old. It has gone by so fast. We have been super busy since she has arrived. My mom came and stayed for a week and then took Andie home for a week to give me some time to rest and adjust. Then we went and stayed in Idaho for a few weeks to see family and friends. I have only been on my own for two days now but it has been crazy. Hopefully we will get a schedule down soon. I dont want to jinx myself but so far Elsie has been the best baby in the world. Even better than Andie was and I thought she was perfect! She never cries and only fusses for a second to let me know she is hungry or needs changed. She even got a cold from her sister and she couldnt breathe and I could tell she was miserable but she has still been amazing. From the time she was a week old she was sleeping 5-6 hours at night and by two weeks she has consistently slept 6 hours eats and then sleeps for another 4-5 before waking up again. I am just glad that my girls understand that I need my sleep. Also Elsie has been a really good eater. When we left the hospital she had dropped to 7 pounds even and within a week and a half she was already at 8 pounds and had grown an inch! When she was first born I would have sworn that her and Andie were twins but within a month she has changed so much and definitely has her own look. We are loving having her as part of our family and are so grateful for her.






3 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

oh how I love this sweet girl! You are the best little mommie!!

Emily said...

i'm SO happy she's such a good baby!! that is awesome!! good luck with figuring out a schedule and being on your own! i hope it's an easy adjustment for you! going from one to two babies was really hard for me, but some moms can handle it really well. i hope you're one of them!! she's gorgeous and i can't wait to meet her!!

Megan and Alyvia said...

CUTENESS!!!!! Seriously, you guys make cute kids!! :)