Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cruise Day 4 - Mazatlan

We arrived the next day in Mazatlan and decided not to make any plans and to just hang out, enjoy ourselves and do some shopping. When we got there we took a little taxi to a place called the "Golden Zone." When we got there we walked around to check everything out and decided to go to the beach for a while. It was so HOT that day we couldnt wait to get in the water. My brother Jared served his mission in Mazatlan and wanted to spend the day visiting people and my parents wanted to meet the people he had taught so it was just us and my two brothers Caleb and Cully for the day.
Adam and my brothers rented boogie boards and I decided to lay out for a few hours.
Then we went and walked around town looking for a place to eat. Everyone always wanted tacos but since I had gotten food poisoning from tacos the day before we left on our cruise unfortunately nothing ever sounded good to me.
We had been watching people parasail all day and finally my brother Caleb and I decided to do.
It was so pretty from up there I loved it. I even got to go for about twice as long as everyone else because they couldn't get me down. I was a little worried when I saw the guys running back and forth on the beach and the boat was stopped and I just kept going higher. Finally the boat backed up for a while and I finally started dropping. I loved it though and would definitely do it again.The city looked awesome. I loved being able to see everything from that high up.Then we met up with the rest of the family for a little bit of shopping and then headed back to the ship. We all piled into the back of a truck rather than paying for two taxis. We even got it cheaper since my brothers knew Spanish. The taxis were talking back and forth in Spanish and since my brothers knew what they were saying we got a deal. After words the guy got into trouble and he said sorry, I didnt know they could speak Spanish! Needless to say we got a kick out of it. It was so nice having my brother there and it came in very handy when shopping.

1 comment:

Talia said...

you guys are hott. Tell caleb to loose 10 pounds